A camera app to communicate with your real friends
Snapchat is a camera and messaging app that connects people with their friends, and the world. Snapchatters actively express themselves on the platform and send Snap-messages to their friends instead of using text messages. A picture is worth a 1.000 words, right!? Users spend on average more than 30 minutes on Snapchat every day. Snapchat allows advertisers to reach a global audience and be a part of their daily conversations.
In Belgium, Snapchat has almost 3 million monthly active users, half of whom (1.5 million) use the app on a daily basis. On average, Snapchatters spend more than 30 minutes on Snapchat every day.
Snapchat’s core audience is 18 to 34 years old, and there is a good chance that you cannot reach this audience through other platforms. Nearly a third (31%) of Snapchat users can’t be found on Instagram daily, half of them do not use YouTube and very few are on Twitter or TikTok.
… and interesting target groups
Contrary to popular belief, it is not just the kids who use Snapchat. 38% of Belgian Snapchatters have a full-time job and one in three even have children.
In Belgium, Gen Z Snapchatters are 41% more likely than Gen Z non-Snapchatters to have visited a brand’s social media page in the past month, and 2,3 times more likely to have liked/followed a brand.
Wide range of targeting options
Furthermore, if used as an advertising platform, Snapchat allows you to reach the desired target group very easily. So then, advertisers can reach their audience through:
- Demographics: selection by age, gender, language, etc.
- Interests and behaviour: reach Snapchatters based on their online and actual interests and behaviour.
- Location: target by country, cities, radius around a specific address, etc.
It is also possible to refine a target group thanks to:
- Lookalike audiences: expand your reach by finding Snapchat users similar to your target audience
- Snap audience match: upload your own CRM-data tp find those users on Snapchat
- Pixel custom audiences: focus on a group of interested Snapchatters who actively interact with your brand
Reveal the playful side of your brand
Advertising on Snapchat is an extension of the natural behaviour of the users within the app. There are two categories of ads: the Content Ads and the Camera Ads.
The Content Ads consist of formats:
- Snap Ads: display- or video-formats that appear between your friends’ stories
- Story Ads: native display or video ads that appear in the Discovery content
- Collection Ads: show multiple products in a single ad by means of a carousel
With the Camera Ads you can choose from:
- Lenses: creative addition while taking a picture
- Filters: a layer you add after taking your Snap/picture
Make the most of sponsored AR lenses
Snapchat’s Artificial Reality (AR) lenses are changing the way users experience the world. They simply overlay digital effects, animations, or graphics on top of a lifelike image. In addition, Snapchatters can interact with the overlaid image – the AR effects move as your real-life image moves. Since 75% of Snapchat users play with AR daily, creating a sponsored lens that reflects your brand can be an effective way to use Snapchat for marketing purposes.